Wednesday, January 03, 2007

She said I don't know why you ever would lie to me
Like I'm a little untrusting when I think that the truth is
Gonna hurt ya
And I don't know why you couldn't just stay with me
You couldn't stand to be near me
When my face don't seem to want to shine
Cuz it's a little bit dirty well

~ Push, Matchbox Twenty

***

Angel!
If there were a place that we didn’t know of, and there,
on some unsayable carpet, lovers displayed
what they never could bring to mastery here- the bold
exploits of their high-flying hearts, their towers of pleasure, their ladders
that have long since been standing where there was no ground, leaning
just on each other, trembling, -and could master all this,
before the surrounding spectators, the innumerable soundless dead:

Would these, then, throw down their final, forever saved-up,
forever hidden, unknown to us, eternally valid
coins of happiness before the at last genuinely smiling pair on the gratified carpet?

~ Rilke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home