Wednesday, March 16, 2005

A Questioning Entry; Answers Not Quite Required.

hoho. i was re-reading my prev entry n i meant in it essence and not in any particular order of friendship/relationship, that is, nothing personal that you can delineate from here. just, the essence. perhaps just a wishlist of mine for it to apply to every single soul close to my heart.

***
something light for the cerebrally-diarrhoea-d;

There was once a morose melonhead,
who sat there all day
and wished he were dead.

But you should be careful
about the things you wish
because the last thing he heard
was a deafening squish.

~ TIM BURTON'S THE MELANCHOLY DEATH OF OYSTER BOY AND OTHER STORIES

***

boy, i can't wait for the semester to end and start on my mini lil' projects. i did that last year during the 3 mth semester break and it was a time of personal growth more than any other spurts of my life.
21, and ready to take on the world.
21, and with much [latent] energy waiting for it to be channelled into something (ohoho, my fav word) - beautiful.
there is power in beauty.
in short, all that the French Revo has taught us, with its slogans of 'Freedom,Love,Beauty and Truth', very much akin to the running themes in Moulin Rouge, is still very much relevant in the aesthetics of modern society.

i just need to know how to posit and negotiate this idea into His world. or are these just seemingly what they would term 'worldly values' so to speak, and hence i have to re-orientate and re-align such thoughts and transform or even do away with such creeds?

one of my lecturers happened to say something quite pronounced in class.
Descartes once said 'I think, therefore I am.'
but she holds her fortress and rebukes him, saying that one questions everything first, then the process of thinking would follow suit.

then comes the question of obedience to God - is one allowed to question Him, for He gave us the power of logic and free will.
what exactly is obedience, in regards to My One and Only?
(ok time to check and runrunrunrunrun to my Book Of Light and Unending Wisdom)

i think education has muddled and messed up my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home